Tuesday, April 13, 2010

susie macmurray





This artist is one that was mentioned in class and I happened to write her name down. Her work is really fun to look at, especially once you figure out what they are made of. She takes materials that are just menial everyday objects and elevates them to something higher quality. I think that my favorite of her work are the dresses. The first dress was the most deceiving to me. It looks soft and fuzzy, but it is actually made from sewing pins pushed through leather. It is a beautiful dress, but I don't think that wearing it would be very fun. The second dress is made of bright pink balloons and the third from latex gloves. All of these objects are things that we use and see often, but never really think about. The last two photos are pretty easy to figure out what they are. I put these in because I wanted you to see more of what this artist is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment